Université Clermont Auvergne
4 avenue Blaise Pascal
63178 Aubière Cedex
Téléphone : 04 73 40 72 12
You will find on this webpage a rather detailled presention
of my professionnal activities.
I'm currently Associate Professor, part of the Electromagnetism and Nanophotonics
team of the Pascal Institute,
and my favorite subjects are photonic crystals, surface plasmons,
extraordinary enhanced transmission or metamaterials.
a whole year at the Center
for Metamaterials and Integrated Plasmonics in 2011-2012 as a visiting scholar in David Smith's group.
I am now in charge of the PGP Project, funded by the ANR (National Research Agency).
A complete list of my publications can be found
and my most interesting/recent publications are :
I had, in the past, some interests outside of electromagnetism : in
fluid mechanics and in the physics of cold agregates.
Here is a list of what I usually teach in one year :
- Experiments (all kinds, from mechanics to electronics) for students who wants to become teacher in the secondary school.
- Lectures for students who are preparing themselves for the Agrégation. I'm teaching Fourier Optics, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Physics and Semiconductors.
- Lecture of Electromagnetic Optics for License students (3rd year in the university)
- Mathematics for physics (general theory of linear response, Green functions and so on) for Master students.
Popularizing physics is one of my favorite activites.
- I have a
website explaining physics to the largest possible audience.
- Every year, I'm part of the "Fête de la Science".
- I'm often giving popular science lectures on energy, environnemental concerns,
nanophotonics, light, nanotechnologies
or even quantum mechanics - see there
- I have been interviewed for television sometimes and for radio quite often. I have written texts
for newspapers and magazines.
- I once gave a hand to write a book with colleagues here in Clermont
"La physique du quotidien", so that
I'm among the authors.
There are many things to organize here and there :
- I have been ask to be referee for more than a dozen different journals including Optics Express, Optics Letters, Thin Solid Films, Optics Communications...